Monday, November 14, 2005



THE TAO OF POOH by Benjamin Hoff

One of my personal favorites that I encourage my students to read (to foster relaxation and focus for the hurried and anxiety ridden), quick and painless- you should read it too.



Some excerpts from Hoff's enlightening and amazing book:

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast? said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
"It's the same thing," he said.

And for a little heart thinking I leave with these famous words today by Tao Te Ching as translated by John C. H. Wu, from The Tao of Pooh (Chapter 54):

What is well planted can not be uprooted.

What is well embraced can not slip away.

Your descendants will carry on the ancestral sacrifice for generations
without

end.

Cultivate Virtue in your own person,

And it becomes a genuine part of you.

Cultivate it in the family,

And it will abide.

Cultivate it in the community,

And it will live and grow.

Cultivate it in the state,

And it will flourish abundantly.

Cultivate it in the world,

And it will become universal.

Hence, a person must be judged as person;

A family as family;

A community as community;

A state as state;

The world as world.

How do I know about the world?

By what is in me.

Have an accidental day!

With Love,

The Catwoman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home