Monday, December 05, 2005

The Fountain at Night at the end of Memorial Drive
University of Miami, Coral Gables in Florida
photographed by A. P. Stone

The FUN Ones:
poetry forms and poetry games pt.1

Collage: "Waste not, want not."
List poems:"So many things to do and too few people to do them."



"Lessons from Poems"



1. suddenly cooler at night, I stand on the street with my mouth like
the Wide Mouth Frog

2. The digital clock beats out slow vermilion time

3. when are you getting rid of that; I looked at my typewriter and cried.

4. You don’t like being splashed, but the ocean lashing your back soothes.

5. The steam lets up and you have stopped grappling for the soap; I pause listening to the worries in the bubbles, then I go back to sounding out sounds.

6. we fall on the bed, pinch it love it grateful for its coolness.

7. I bury my face in the downslope of your back

8. Hammmhhph, luv

9. Take out the measuring type.

10. You bought Jergens this time, I thought about being 9 and about being burned alive in grandma’s bathtub about how I learned to levitate over water.

11. Put it all back into the poem, she said.

12. You make me angry when you whistle, pinch my sides under the water

13. some white, some blue, some all spark and twinkle, but, oh


-A. P. Stone
a collaged 14 line prism poem using discarded text from journal
©2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home